Learn As You Grow Gardener’s Discount
We raise and sell traditional dye plants hardy to Zone 5 on our farm in Hinesburg, including Japanese Indigo (blue), Madder (red), Weld (yellow), and other varieties not typically found in local nurseries. We love growing and using our own colors and want to teach you to do the same, to Learn As You Grow!
Our plant seedlings will be available for sale in April on our website, for pick up and sale mid-May in Hinesburg and at the Capitol City Farmer's Market in Montpelier. For every dollar spent on our seedlings and plants, we’ll give you the same amount off a workshop held at our Montpelier studio. How it works:
- Sign up for any workshop and we’ll email a discount code that may be used online or in person (at our Hinesburg farm or Montpelier market.)
- Purchase plants (online or in person) and we’ll email a discount code that may be used towards any workshop.
- Plant quantities are limited. Discount based on pre-tax amount (“subtotal”)
- Offer good for workshops occurring through September 2019 at our Montpelier studio
- Workshop spots are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis
Here’s a list of our 2019 traditional dye plant varieties. “Traditional” means that their light- and wash-fast properties are well-known and tested over time. Most of the plants we grow are hardy to Zone 4. A few exceptions like Madder (Zone 5) can be dug up and overwintered indoors; others can just be grown as annuals. Ah, Vermont.